Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum for Quitting Job

solareclipse21solareclipse21 Free Trial Member

Would anyone advise on writing an addendum for quitting a job and then not working for 6 months?

For context, I took time off after college to work but due to some unexpected health complications I quit my job. It wasn't cancer or anything like that but everything combined became pretty tough to handle.

I have a 6 month gap on my resume from the time I left my previous job to the job I currently have now. Don't want to draw attention to it if I don't need to and I also don't want to sound like I'm making excuses or come off like I can't handle pressure.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

If that is your only addendum then maybe but usually it is best not to have more than one addendum. Personally, I wouldn't - 6 months, I don't think anybody is going to care, if they even notice.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

If there is more than a 3-4 months gap in your resume, you should provide an explanation in an addendum. The admissions reader will notice an employment or activity gap. You are better off providing YOUR explanation than letting the admissions reader come to their own conclusion.

• solareclipse21solareclipse21 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

@"selene.steelman" Thank you so much, that makes sense. Is it necessary to provide as much detail as possible regarding the illness/how it affected me? It's a bit personal so I would ideally only like to provide the bare minimum amount of info needed.

• trilogy83trilogy83 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Bumping for the last question asked. Also, what happens in the case of there being a couple of gaps in our resume? Do we explain them all in one addendum?

• mooooooo00mooooooo00 Free Trial Member
    44 karma

I think you can keep your addendum pretty simple and straight forward because details may make it seem like a bigger issue? I'm not sure though