Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to rebound & close the BR gap

MaeeeeeeMaeeeeee Alum Member
edited October 2019 in General 35 karma

Hi guys im pretty sure these kind of questions were asked many many times.
but somehow i had to let it out too.

i started the journey about a year ago but when i started i was just browsing and getting to know what lsat was
since i have a fulltime job i'd just drill here and there (didnt know 7sage back then) and started committing this july
July-Aug mainly finishing CC and drilling, Aug-Sep PTing i took about 5PTs
and i took sept test, score was lower than i expected but nothing really surprising since i bombed LG the one that im good at.

I was just whining about my score to my bf and how i felt 2months of intense studying might have been ,timewise, not enough,
in response, i heard something shocking from him saying that
'its just a standardized test the longer you studying does not mean you will get better (somepart i agree), 2-3 months of studying should get you where your maximum potential would be at (i disagree)'
as i was studying i started to learn and see the patterns, flaws and gaps i could anticipate the answers before i read AC. A clear sign that much room to improve.
well i know his opinion shouldnt matter since it's coming from someone hasnt done LSAT
(he is super smart ;p and i guess most of his lawyer friends didn't take very long to get a good lsat score so he thinks it's easy)
but its somehow very discouraging coming from someone very close to me. Also making me think i might not be meant for this path.

anyhow long story short,
my problem is this emotional rollercoaster is tackling me to focus, i registered for NOV so i have no time to waste
please help me to get out of this deep self pity hole.

and the other tips im asking is my reading is very slow
my TImed pt and BR score gap is huge sometimes by 20 points mostly because i cant finish in time.
i know reading speed boosts with time and practice
RC i can never get to the last psg but the psgs i read id get -0~-2

thanks for reading my lame ranting
i usually deal with it by myself but this time i needed someone or somewhere to talk to
pleas share any thoughts and advice!

Comments

• LoisisdeterminedLoisisdetermined Live Member
    44 karma

Study 6 more months and take more PT tests. I have been at it for 1 year and, if I am still not ready by March, I will not take until I feel that I am. You sound like you might be a whole lot younger than me so, do not allow self pity to rule. Trust me, 3 months is absolutely not enough time. This is no ordinary test. The general consensus is that practice, practice and more practice makes a better score.

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma

I agree with the above. 3 months is nowhere near enough time to prepare for this. Unless you're a unicorn with a lot of God given ability, 6 months is bare minimum. Don't give into self pity. No one can pull you from that except you. Don't cause more stress by being on your boyfriends timeline. We are all different and require different time lines to reach our potential. All you should worry about is your timeline and everyone else can kick rocks. GL in your studies. You have a whole community that you can tap into.

• MaeeeeeeMaeeeeee Alum Member
    35 karma

@"GSU Hopeful" Thank you something i needed to hear! @Loisisdetermined im not too young lol you can consider me as non-traditional thats why im kinda antsy about taking 'enough time' as well but you are right thanks for the support guys