PT57.S1.Q05 (G1) - on a particular saturday

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
edited January 2016 in Logic Games 578 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-57-section-1-game-1/
I am confused about #5 on prep test 57 logic game #1. It is a substitution question type where it asks us to substitute M --> L (rule 3).

I watched the 7sage explanation video and did not understand it at all. I then tried to figure out why the answer choice is C. I looked at all the diagrams I have written out for the game and compared it to answer choices. Whatever that was not a Must Be True answer choice, I eliminated and that's how I figured out it would be C.

I then looked up the explanation on Manhattan blog and the person was saying we need to find an answer choice that still gives us M ---> L with all the other original rules remaining in effect.

I guess I'm confused about one thing in substitution questions. When it asks us to substitute a rule and keep the other rules in effect, is that another way of saying which one of the answer choices still gives you M ---> L? So are we not substituting the M ---> L? Are we essentially still looking for an answer choice that will give us M ---> L?

Comments

• devin.balutdevin.balut Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    The question is asking for a rule replacement that still yields the same possibilities (no reduction in possible states, no new states, the exact same set of possibilities). It's likely that such a rule would be identical (the contrapositive of the first rule) or have the exact same effect on the rule board if it were to allow the exact same possibilities as the original rule. So yes when you don't want to effect the game by changing a rule, then the question is probably asking you to find a rule with an identical effect.