Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infernce Questions (general LR steps)

jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member

I am going over the LR flow chart. Step 0 is to idenify the stem, step 1 is read the stimulus, step 2 is asking is there an argument...my question is this... once i complete step 1 and identify the task shouldnt that tell me if an arguement is going to be there? For example: weaken/strengthen/ main point/ etc pretty much anything that is not strongly supported or inference questions are going to be arguements. So if the stem is a MSS or Infernece then i can eliminate step 2, right? Ive never seen a MBT or MSS with a real argument, but then again i havent seen all questions.

Comments

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

MBT and MSS can both be categorized as inference questions, and some are arguments and some are not. You have to actually read the premise to see if there is a conclusion present. The question may require you to provide an answer that would lead the conclusion to be undeniably true (MBT, for example...but not always) or link together information (MSS).

Paradox Q’s are also not always arguments.