Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Reasoning Practice

LSATman1LSATman1 Alum Member
in General 386 karma
Does anyone have any good ideas for how to practice logical reasoning skills in addition to doing practice questions and the course assignments? I like working on puzzles like Sudoku to help with my logic games skills, but I am looking for something that would help more with the LR section.

Comments

• bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    Get the Cambridge packets
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^ I agree. I don't think there is something beyond this (in terms of Sudoku type practice) that will help.... just drill the Cambridge packages :)
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    How does Cambridge work?
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    For $80 you get all of the LR questions from PT1 to 38, which are sorted by question type
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    the best thing to help with LR skillz is to do more LR problems, same with LG and (for most part RC-economists and that are ok for travel reading) Sudoku is more of something I would say is for pre-LSAT stuff, like if you plan on going to LS start doing them and enjoy them way b4 you start studying, once you start it won't do much for you and doing actual games becomes 10x more productive, as far as I know theres no equivalent for LR tho again, once you start, LSAT is the best practice
  • LSATman1LSATman1 Alum Member
    386 karma
    Could someone clarify what the Cambridge packets are?
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    edited February 2015 463 karma
    @LSATman1 Cambridge packets are sets of questions from PTs 1-38 (I think) organized by question type and difficulty. They are used for question type drilling/practice. I'm personally about to start using them for practicing with difficult questions.
    2654 karma
    CambridgeLSAT.com
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Do you guys have the Ultimate course and still find Cambridge packages necessary?
    3462 karma
    I'm asking since I also have PT 1-35 and I read on the LSAT Trainer website were they have all of the questions from PT 1-35 listed and which question type it is. So how much would I benefit from the Cambridge packages? Do they offer video explanations?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    No video explanations but they are really convenient in that all the question types have been organized so you don't have to do the busy work.
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    edited February 2015 463 karma
    @emli1000 I have the Ultimate course. I don't know if the Cambridge packets are necessary, but I can certainly see them as useful. I just upgraded but one of the things I realized within the last few days is that the Cambridge will be useful in getting more practice in certain question types where I am having trouble.
    edited February 2015 2654 karma
    Yeah Cambridge packets are more to help get the questions types down more. 7Sage does give a good amount of sets in Ultimate course, however some people like to get a bunch of drilling in (while they learn/go over the question type & as they PT and notice weaknesses) so its personal preference. If you would drill them then go for it but if you dont think you're going to touch them for the extra drilling then maybe hold off

eta: also once you go through the lessons and sets and wanna try and work more on say NA, but you've already done and reviewed all the sets you have... now what?
    3462 karma
    Well I do half of the practice sets in the course. Then if I'm having difficulties with that section I come back and finish the rest. On some I do all 7 practice sets because I like them and truly understand lol I feel like a nerd.