Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Retake in Jan

Hi all,
I took the Nov test (first write) and was unfortunately, 10 points down from my PT. Pretty disappointed as I have been studying full-time since May. I already applied to law schools in Canada and the last score they take for this cycle is the Jan test. I have just under a month to study for the Jan test, and would appreciate any advice on the most effective study plans, tactics, and tools that you've used to succeed. Thank you! :)

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

A study plan for January test will have to take in to account what went wrong in this test. Was there a particular section that you did worse on when compared to your practice tests? What was your feeling about the test immediately after you were done taking the test? For example, after my September test I remember I wanted to throw up because I had been so anxious about time that I forced myself go faster and consequently I scored 6 points below my average.

• annrachweilaannrachweila Alum Member
    21 karma

Hi @Sami , thank you for your advice! I think the biggest jump would be LR for me. I went from -6 in LR to -11 on test day. RC has always been my nemesis so the fact that I did poorly on RC didn't come as a surprise for me. During the test I was second guessing myself in LR a lot - flagged a lot of questions and did not even get to read all the questions in one LR section. I did not feel that I did well after the test, but I also didn't see a 10 pt. decrease coming.