Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absent for September 2019 LSAT

Back in September of 2019, I was registered for the LSAT; however, the night before,
I realized I was definitely not ready to sit for the exam. So, I withdrew from the test late that night. The time was actually passed the deadline to withdraw, but the link remained active. LSAC emailed me apologizing for the mistake, and gave me the chance to take another LSAT with my fee waiver.

So, I have a score of "absent" for the September exam.

I am planning to apply here in Feb. once my January LSAT score comes back, and I am planning on addressing the absent core in an addendum.

My question is this: How should I address this in my addendum, and how negatively will law schools look at this "absence"? Also, does it matter that I didn't do the September writing sample?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I'm not an expert, but I think maybe not taking it was better than taking it and getting a score below your potential. Did they send you an email with the mistake correction? You could maybe provide this to admissions if it's not already in your file.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

It's not a big deal at all. I'd just put a brief addenda saying you intended to withdraw because you wanted to wait to take the LSAT when you were ready, but missed the deadline. Something like that. Even if you don't write an addenda I don't think they will care about one absence, but it might be safer just to write one anyway.

• JWellcomeJWellcome Member
    95 karma

Thank you guys for the responses.

Yes, the LSAC sent me an email apologizing for their mistake. I only missed the withdrawal deadline by about an hour (It was past midnight in Eastern Time). I agree, I would have not wanted to sit for the exam without being ready, and I definitely was not ready in September. I will write a short addenda and address it just to be on the safe side.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Sounds good :)