Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

law school not getting my recent LSAT score

604wannabealawyer604wannabealawyer Alum Member
edited January 2020 in Law School Admissions 94 karma

Hi there,

I got a decent score on my latest score that allows me to have a good chance in getting to the Canadian law school I'm hoping for. However, for some reason, the Admissions Officer was not able to download a copy of my score report. LSAC insists (after an hour long wait-time) that I get the school to download it because they never got a request. So basically the school can only see my old school and not any of new ones. Has this ever happened to anyone and if so what did you do? The problems that happen to me...

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

I'm sorry, this sounds like an awful hassle! Hope that it can get resolved.

You might want to make your post a little more clear so that people can try to help you. What do you mean by "LSAC insists (after an hour long wait-time) that I get the school to download it because they never got a request." LSAC wants you to convince the school to download your score report because... the school didn't get your request? Or LSAC didn't get your request? And what request are you talking about?

Ultimately, the questions are:
    1 - Did LSAC send your updated score report to the school?
    2 - If so, did your school receive it?
    3 - If so, has your school opened that updated score report and incorporated into your file?

Based on what you said I'm just guessing--though, please, help us out by making this a bit clear--that you're stuck between 1 and 2, where LSAC says they have sent it but the school says they haven't received it. The question then is, how long has it been? It takes a bit of time for schools to process those LSAC reports.

• 604wannabealawyer604wannabealawyer Alum Member
    94 karma

You're right...sorry if I was a little vague in my previous post. So I had noticed on the documents submitted (the school basically made a checklist to show candidates which things they have or have not received for the supporting documents). I noticed that my LSAT score was not updated and still showed last year's score. It worried me because I know early decisions go out in Feb and I made sure to hand in by Dec at the latest so I wouldn't fall privy to the waitlist. Which happened to me last year.

1 - Did LSAC send your updated score report to the school?
    The law school wasn't able to download the updated score report. I'm not sure if it's the fault of LSAC or the school. LSAC assured me it takes about 24-48 hours to process this request so maybe I can check in a couple of days? Or today to see if LSAC received a request from the school. It worried me when the LSAC Officer told me that they hadn't even received a request from that law school but they had from the other. I had just been on the phone with Law Admissions Officer earlier that day when she was making the request. So I am confused by what is going on.
    2 - If so, did your school receive it?
    Not yet and this is where I'm stuck. I'm not sure what technical issues are going on or if it's a matter of me waiting.
    3 - If so, has your school opened that updated score report and incorporated into your file?
    This hasn't been done yet because the school hasn't received the updated score report.

I hope that clarifies things! But yes this problem definitely stressed me out yesterday. But onwards and upwards.