Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My top choice law school rejected me, but sent me an email wishing me luck on my LSAT

I applied in November to my top choice law school and they rejected me two weeks later. I retake the LSAT Saturday. Last night, they sent me an email wishing me good luck and inviting me to apply and visit the school. I applied and was rejected before I signed up to retake the test. Is this just really a bad job of filtering out the email addresses of rejects on the part of my top choice school, or should I really investigate asking them to reconsider my application if my score improves?

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

In most cases there is no reconsideration possible, so it's probably just bad email filtering (probably just grabbed a list of everyone who was taking in Feb and didn't think there would be any overlap with the set of people they'd already evaluated). But it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Worst case, they say no and you're in the same position you're in now.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

Happened to me as well. Its just a email list type of thing. Unless you can tell it was personally crafted for you.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Doesnt hurt to ask

• Future non trad law studentFuture non trad law student Free Trial Member
    24 karma

Update...

I responded to the email asking for clarification and explaining that I had already been rejected in the fall.

The Dean of Admissions emailed me back apologizing for the confusion. She said that the email went out to everyone registered for the February LSAT. She also said that if I score higher, then they may be able to reconsider my application.

Thank you for all your responses.