Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking advice on going back to logic CC

legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
edited January 2020 in Logical Reasoning 101 karma

Hi fellow 7Sagers :) it's my first time posting on here but would really appreciate your advice.

I'm scoring around low to mid 160s and BRing around 170-175 range. My biggest challenge is that my LR scores fluctuate a lot (from -2 to -7 per section before BR). I'm mostly missing level 4/5 questions that are logic heavy (e.g. parallel flawed question, method of reasoning, etc.). It takes me over 2 mins to answer these questions as I'm slow at drawing out conditional logic. So would like to ask if anyone scoring around my range benefited from going back to the core curriculum or any tips on being more accurate/fast at this types of questions? (drilling by question type, etc.) And any other tips on narrowing gap between actual to BR score would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I don't have this problem with LR but I was consistently scoring lower than I wanted with LG so I went to the problem set bank and started drilling/foolproofing games I hadn't seen before. I found it pretty helpful and the PT I took today showed a jump in LG. I would definitely recommend that, and I'm sure rewatching CC videos could help you if you have a specific type of question you are struggling with.

• TheresaAnnTheresaAnn Member
    109 karma

I am having the same problem. I have been blind reviewing each answer choice for as long as it takes to get the logic correct, hopefully after doing this for a while it will become more automatic. Re-watching videos in the CC has helped me recall what my approach needs to be for these questions. I also went through and printed all of the logic quizzes and watched his video explanations. Reviewing the sufficient and necessary indicator groups has helped me become a little faster in forming my diagrams. My next step is to review valid argument forms and drill with the problem bank. I definitely needed to start back at the basics with logic.