Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Submitting an Addendum set your application back in line?

davesp1903davesp1903 Free Trial Member

Hey guys - quick question that I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to....

I submitted many applications on December 7th, followed by a CF addendum (forgot about some speeding tickets) on December 26th.

Does anyone know if amending your file sets your application back in the evaluation line? Apps are evaluated in the order they come in at a lot of places, and I'm worried I may have lost several weeks worth of time due to the addenda...which concerns me given the non-zero benefit of applying earlier rather than later.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

There’s no universal answer because it depends on how any given school would or wouldn’t change their application process due to receiving a new addenda. If they had already begun reviewing your app I don’t see why they would start over. But if they hadn’t, maybe they would put you further back in the pile? Maybe not? I’m not sure.

Moreover, I think we all get anxious wondering when we will hear back, but the important thing to remember is that it doesn’t matter. I mean, it’s not a question about whether to do X or Y. Something has already been done, so it is best to accept the uncertainty, and not worry about whether it slightly delays your app or not.

If it gives you a peace of mind though, I think even if it does delay your application by a tiny amount (we’re talking less than 3 weeks here at most, if they literally sent you to the back of the pile), it should have a negligible effect on your chance of admission.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I don't think it would. Or if it did, not by much.