Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone give me advice on this

ijustmadeasandwichijustmadeasandwich Free Trial Member
in General 9 karma
Hi guys, I'm not sure where to post this - I apologize if it is in the wrong spot.

So I received a fee waiver in over the summer and I found out [in December] that my information did not arrive and I quickly re-registered for February 2015 and faxed my information to a direct line. Everything was all set, even though I knew February would be tough because I don't have normal work hours and I had to request time off for December.

My unit is e-duty this weekend and I was last on rotation for emergency calls, but "as luck would have it..."

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes to pick up a kid who ran away from his placement for the third time in 6 months. Four hour round trip, not counting amount of time we're going to spend looking for an appropriate place tonight/this morning.

I was trying to find something on LSAC which indicated what to do for emergency illness or situation on the day of an exam, if you have a fee waiver. I can only find deadline / cancellation details.

I don't know if it's better to no-show and let someone know an emergency came up or if I should try to contact someone right now. I don't want to lose a waiver for two tests, but I realize that may happen. I'm hoping to at least reschedule for June and keep part of the waiver, but I don't know if this will disqualify me in some way.

There's probably information on here somewhere, but I'm throwing on clothes and getting phone calls and alerts on my work cell, so I can't think clearly. Any direct info or insight would help me so much. Thanks.

Comments

• Going nutsGoing nuts Member
    15 karma
    Try to email LSAC now AND call to see if you can leave a voice mail with your information explaining the situation rather than not showing up. That will make you look like someone who tried to find excuses. My advice is to call again Monday morning and ask how is this going to affect your file but it is already passefd midnight so you can't withdraw anymore. Good Luck :/
  • ijustmadeasandwichijustmadeasandwich Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    Damn. Worst timing ever, right? Going in on no sleep would probably be even worse though. Thanks for your response.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 2654 karma
    http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/absences.cfm

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/withdraw-test-registration "Please note that if you miss the Withdraw LSAT Registration - No Refund deadline, your LSAC file will note "absent." This is NOT a score of zero, nor will it be factored into any reportable scores on file. If you register for another test date, you will be required to pay the full registration fee."

if you didn't withdraw last night just don't show up and don't worry about it (unless you feel fully capable of going and killing it still, but sounds like a rough night)
  • ijustmadeasandwichijustmadeasandwich Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    Thanks for the links. Yeah - I got home at about 8:30 AM and fell on my face. I emailed that there was an emergency and I registered [fee waiver] for June 2015 after I sent the email. If you're broke enough for the waiver you get two tests. I just don't like to "use up" a free test. Even if I'm a no-show, I wish there was a way someone else could have had my spot, you know?