Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take a break??

So I studied on and off for couple of months then decided to stop to focus on my university studies. I will graduate in May so I will start studying then. But I wanna go on a vacation for 3 weeks on the end of June. So i plan to study for 2 months from Maya-June then take a break and come back and study till October and take the test. Should I do this?

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

This decision depends a lot on your current progress and your goals. So it’s hard to say without knowing. In any case, most of the time breaks can be beneficial.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I assume your choosing between break/no break.

I would take the break. Thats IF you study pretty hard from May-June. Maybe after you graduate take a few days off to relax.Thats what I did before I started studying for the LSAT. Dont wanna hop right in

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    edited February 2020 550 karma

@"Positively LSAT Street" There is one question you have to ask yourself in terms of taking a break. Are you doing the studying half-heartedly, if yes then take a break. If not then continue studying. Thats how I gauge my own decision on wether or not to take a break. I also found that I do much better after taking a break and coming back to it. When you keep forcing yourself to do it when you aren't excited or fully committed, you will start to dread the LSAT and that is a major downward spiral. Like many have said before me, the LSAT is a marathon not a sprint. You can't cram for it, and your mind continues to process what you've learned even when you aren't studying. Give you brain some breathing room. If you're asking this question on the forum that means that you should definitely take a break.

• @DivineRaze said:
    @"Positively LSAT Street" There is one question you have to ask yourself in terms of taking a break. Are you doing the studying half-heartedly, if yes then take a break. If not then continue studying. Thats how I gauge my own decision on wether or not to take a break. I also found that I do much better after taking a break and coming back to it. When you keep forcing yourself to do it when you aren't excited or fully committed, you will start to dread the LSAT and that is a major downward spiral. Like many have said before me, the LSAT is a marathon not a sprint. You can't cram for it, and your mind continues to process what you've learned even when you aren't studying. Give you brain some breathing room. If you're asking this question on the forum that means that you should definitely take a break.

So as I said I stopped studying for it to focus on my university studies. But I also want to go back home for 3 weeks after I come back to the LSAT. So I think the majority is saying to take the 3 week break in between studying
    Thanks!