Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How valuable is your BR score?

ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
in General 348 karma

Hi all,

I'm in a phase during my LSAT journey where my BR score is consistently near-perfect, but my regular score is much lower. I understand the questions and I know how to do them, but I just can't do them correctly fast enough. I find that even during BR, very few questions give me trouble and I end up seeing the right AC with just a LITTLE bit of more time than during the original, timed run. But a combination of me not being fast enough plus getting super stuck/anxious when I have a time limit leads me to select wrong ACs.

Essentially what I'm asking is, how valuable is the BR score in terms of predicting long-term LSAT results? Does it actually indicate my potential? I would be super happy if the answer to that were a yes, but of course, I'm not really trying to make myself feel good here, so I would appreciate your brutally honest responses.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

your BR score tells you alot. It is indeed your potential! What you are missing out on is in your execution of the test! It sounds like nerves are playing a role here.

Point is, knowledge is half the game. You have the knowledge and brains to achieve a really good score. Execution is the other half, and there are many ways to slice that pie. Your BR's should now be focused on what you are currently doing that is driving your score lower. Are you not finishing enough questions? Are you dwelling too much on tough questions? Those are just some of the questions you should be asking yourself.

You're in a good spot, but unfortunately execution is probably the hardest thing to self teach on the LSAT. You seem like you are introspective enough to get there though!

All the best!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

BR is indeed your potential. Not that your BR cant go up, but I think I heard on a webinar somewhere that the goal should be to get your timed score to realistically 5 below your BR. Probably that requires a TON of practice and tests and sections

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Completely agree with all of the above. Your BR score is a measure of your understanding of the material with all of the additional difficulty of timing removed. If your BR score is either at or below your target score I would advise just working on fundamentals in order to bolster your understanding of the test. Once your BR score consistently exceeds your goal score by 5+ points, then I think it is fair to shift your focus to thing strategies to work to bring your timed score up to your BR score. So both scores are important, just for different reasons! :)