Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about quiting my job before the application cycle this year

jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member
edited March 2020 in Law School Admissions 198 karma

Hey 7sagers,

I need some advice. I've been working in corporate america for the last two years. I have an amazing relationship with my boss, but the job gives me so much anxiety and is so demanding. Some events happened that allowed my boss to ask me to think about if I want to stay another year or not. She wants the best for me. We are good friends, but I cant work with her much anymore because she is the cause of a lot of my anxiety lol.
I'm thinking about quiting in June versus staying until I wear out my welcome lol. I'm sure she will give me a letter of recommendation but I'm concerned about how that may look to law schools. I'm planning to apply by october 1at this year. Quiting will allow me more time to craft my essays and take the lsat in August.
I feel like after all of the work I put into the company it's time for me to step out and believe in myself. After all I've been putting off law school for three years now.
I have family support and will live off my savings until I find something I love to do until law school starts. Any advice ? Will the gap from june to October look bad?

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Based on your situation it seems like quitting ASAP and getting to work on your applications (plus full-time studying of course) would be the most practical decision. Good luck!

• jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member
    198 karma

@Logician thanks!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

The gap wont look bad. Study hard, work on your apps, and youll be solid

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

I recently made the same choice! Score instantly improved from removing external factor