Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Organizing 7Sage Materials

gilliannnnngilliannnnn Alum Member
in General 15 karma
Hi,
I've just started using the program and I'm liking it a lot so far, but I'm already anticipating a bit of difficulty keeping all of the materials organized. Does anyone have a system that's working especially well for them?

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma
    So what worked well for me is I would print almost everything out. Everything from notes to every pdf to every quiz. Then I would put them in a binder and use separators in order to distinguish the sections. I would make sure that I kept things in the same chronological order that I would do them in the lessons so that way things wouldn't get confusing.

I would do this for logic games too, however I would not put more than two the games that I fool proof reviewed in my binder(s) because I didn't like having 5 or 6 of the same game in binder. It also is kind of helpful if you don't put the same game in your binder multiple times because then when you go back and redo it, you have to force all of the inferences out again.

I kind of wish I could have printed things double sided but it's really not that big of a deal. Other than that I would just say don't be concerned about wasting paper. It's not a waste if its helping you!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I printed all the PDF lessons that they offer and put them together as "Notes". I then printed all the sections out and put them in a binder with tabs. so, for example, for the SA questions I printed out all of the work at the end and put them in a tab for reference.

So I have my notes, which I go over, and I have a separate binder for all of the work with the sections.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I have typed notes and also written notes. I like to write my notes down in my notebook and then later transfer them into a word doc. I print out pdf files/ my notes/ and practice sets. I have 3 binders with dividers, one for LR, RC, & LG. In each binder I have dividers for every section from the course. For example in my LR binder I have dividers for every single SA, NA, Weakening, Flaws, etc question types. In the LG I have the sections of each Game type & RC is just a bunch of online articles and practice sets lol
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    edited February 2015 463 karma
    Through the week I work on lessons and take written notes and print PDFs. I keep those through the week in a small two pocket folder to make taking it with me to work easier. It has prongs but I don't really use them. I eventually transfer the pages to my big 3-ring binder that I have separated into different sections for LR, LG, and RC. I'm thinking I may have to split more but as of right now I keep a separate binder for PTs. But I think I may need to make one for drills as well. Good Luck.
  • gilliannnnngilliannnnn Alum Member
    15 karma
    Thanks everyone! I've been snowed in so I haven't been able to go out and buy binders yet--I'm slowly drowning under practice sets and quizzes! I haven't been printing that much out yet because I'm still on the LR section of the Core Curriculum, which is relatively familiar to me (I took a couple of symbolic logic classes in undergrad). I'm sure that will change as I move into the CR and LG sections though!
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Wow, you all are super organized. I literally just stacked it all up as I went along. I have a stack of paper about 16 inches tall of worksheets, explanations, problem sets, games, and PTs. I don't feel I missed anything for lack of organization, but maybe that's just me.

Anytime I wanted to go back and "review" a game or a worksheet, I just re-printed and did the whole thing again. I used the 7Sage analytics to track progress.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @"joegotbored-1" WOW! I could not have done that. I would have went crazy seeing a random stack of papers just there lol
  • kw_test_manulaptopkw_test_manulaptop Free Trial Member
    1 karma
    azeazeazeazeaze
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I just went down the curriculum and printed out the lessons and completed them. I didnt really organize them but a binder with tabs for sections/question types would probably work pretty well. with 7sage you can also star certain lessons you had trouble with so you can make sure you revisit them
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^ yes, I def star lessons that I had trouble with as well, for reference, because going through papers is tough!
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I star lessons I have trouble with as well.