Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC: Review and Restore Canceled Scores

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited March 2020 in General 14039 karma

We just received an email from LSAC.

Summary
The April LSAT may (read: probably will) be canceled.
If you registered for the March or April LSAT, you can restore a canceled score!
If you canceled an LSAT score, ever, LSAC will email you to tell you what you got on that test.
You can choose to restore the score.

Full text

We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time. Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected by the COVID-19 situation.

As you know, the COVID-19 outbreak forced cancellation of the March LSAT. The April LSAT in North America may also be canceled or postponed. We will continue to follow the guidance of public health authorities and will announce a final decision about the April test no later than April 10, so that April registrants have the opportunity to plan accordingly.

Given the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 situation, LSAC is working to provide testing alternatives for candidates, including candidates who need a score for admission this fall. We are looking at a number of options, including adding another test date in the late spring, secure remote-proctored testing, the possibility of in-person testing in smaller groups with appropriate social distancing and other safety measures, and more. We will continue to provide frequent updates on these efforts.

I wanted to make you aware of another step we are taking to help candidates get a reportable score in order to apply to law school during this difficult time. Any candidate who registered for the March 2020 or April 2020 LSAT, and who has a canceled score from a previous LSAT, will now have the opportunity to review their canceled score and restore that canceled score to their record if they choose.

Our records indicate that more than 3,000 of the candidates who registered for the March and April LSAT administrations have a previously canceled score. Many of these individuals do not currently have a non-canceled score, so allowing them to review and restore their canceled score could be an important step in enabling them to complete their application process for admission this fall.

Participation is completely optional, but given the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 emergency, we are strongly encouraging all candidates who had registered for the March and April LSATs to take advantage of this opportunity if they have a previously canceled score. We appreciate everything you are doing to support candidates during this time, and hope that you will encourage eligible candidates with whom you are in touch to take advantage of this opportunity as quickly as possible given where we are in the admission cycle.

We will be providing March and April registrants with their canceled scores over the next few days via confidential email. For candidates who choose to restore a previously canceled score, we will update their files within 2-3 business days, and new reports will be provided to any schools to which they have applied during this cycle.

This “Review and Restore” opportunity could help a significant number of candidates, but we know it won’t address the needs of everyone. We will continue our work to provide a variety of testing alternatives for the next several months. We also applaud the efforts of so many of our member law schools who have extended application deadlines and taken other steps to provide greater flexibility for candidates.

Comments

• mackmath111mackmath111 Alum Member
    33 karma

It appears as though you are nothing but a LSAT number score to the admissions committees,with nothing else being of significant importance. Covid that Sport Fans!

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Has anyone received their cancel score?

• ReVv LuVvReVv LuVv Member
    15 karma

Nothing Yet.! Going to be pissed if I did well and cancelled it a year ago :) LOL

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

@mackmath111 said:
    It appears as though you are nothing but a LSAT number score to the admissions committees,with nothing else being of significant importance. Covid that Sport Fans!

I am salty over this, too.

• rivierabluerivierablue Alum Member
    80 karma

Soo, I just requested a test date change to June becasue I'm registered for April (and April probably won't happen) but I want to restore my prev cancelled score, I'm worried that my request will take me off the list to restore.

Do you guys think this is the case or am I just overthinking?

815 karma

@rivierablue From my understanding of this statement:

"Any candidate who registered for the March 2020 or April 2020 LSAT, and who has a canceled score from a previous LSAT, will now have the opportunity to review their canceled score and restore that canceled score to their record if they choose."

There does not seem to be an exception made for students who changed dates. I am in the same boat as you, I moved my test date to July, 2020. I don't see them not giving us our cancelled scores to review, as change of dates could have been due to COVID-19.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

@rivierablue I get the feeling that they want as many people as possible to restore their score, be happy with it, and not take a new test to avoid overwhelming each test administration. So I can't imagine they would take anyone off the list to restore for any reason

edited March 2020 815 karma

I just got an email with my cancelled score, choosing not to restore. You should get one too Riviera!

• ShesgonnaGeta200ShesgonnaGeta200 Alum Member
    4 karma

Does anyone know how to request to change your LSAT date if you're registered for April?

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

@ShesgonnaGeta200 Hi, you need to fill out a test date change request form on the LSAC website using your account and the deadline to do so is 04/13/2020.

Full text from the LSAC website: "Candidates who are currently registered for the April LSAT may use the April 2020 LSAT Test Date Change Request form to switch to the June 2020 or July 2020 test by April 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (ET), at no additional charge. LSAC will continue to monitor the situation and provide additional updates as necessary."