Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will COVID/Recession affect the next application cycle?

It seems like it can either go both ways, when undergrads graduate into a weak economy they are more likely to continue their studies since the job market is very competitive. On the other hand, people with jobs are reluctant to leave them for law school due to the uncertainty of the labor market. Then there's people staying home more which can equal more study time. What do you think will happen?

Will COVID/Recession make it more or less competitive next cycle?
  1. Will COVID/Recession make it more or less competitive next cycle?84 votes
    1. More Competitive
      58.33%
    2. Less Competitive
      41.67%

Comments

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the market for new attorneys will shrink in a deflated economy. This would create a reluctance in the national student body and in the workforce to pursue a career as an attorney. Thus, the foreseeable effect is probably a less-competitive cycle. Of course, we may not see the full ramifications of this for a few cycles.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

I feel more people getting laid off and recent graduates not being able to find a job lead it to being more competitive. Also, if people are at home with nothing to do, it'd be a good time to study up on the LSAT.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Doesnt matter, lets just do the best we can! :)