Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uncertainty surrounding LSAT dates and law school admissions for fall 2021

LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
in General 500 karma

Given the uncertainty surrounding LSAT dates and law school admissions for fall 2021, should I start studying for the August exam or should I take summer courses to wrap up my degree by December 2020? If I decide to take summer course, I will then start law school in fall 2022 but I will also have 6-7 months to study full-time for the LSAT. It just seems like everything is so uncertain and the safest path is for me to take some of my required courses over the summer.

In general, what changes do you think law schools will make to their admission process if April and June exams are also cancelled? Do you think their application submission dates will be extended or would they start accepting GRE/GMAT tests for the upcoming cycle?

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited April 2020 990 karma

One of the schools I am interested in applying is Seton Hall. Their deadline to apply was April 1, 2020 but given the circumstances, they have extended their deadline well into the summer. Also, per the LSAC, law schools are working with them to extend deadlines. And this situation is relatively new so most schools are probably playing by ear and making decisions as they go along. In other words, there is no definite answer to your question. As for your courses, try to get them out of the way regardless of what is occurring now. It would be one less thing to worry about!