Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Higher Scores on Blind Review

akishjohnsonakishjohnson Member
edited April 2020 in General 13 karma

I have just completed the June 2007 exam and I am scoring considerably higher on the blind review. I think if I started reading faster which would perhaps enable me to get through all of the questions this could considerably help improve my score. I did not complete each section before the time was up.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

Comments

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I'm almost certain 100% of the people on this website have experienced the same issue. The LSAT would be significantly easier for everyone if the timing aspect was not a factor. As you study more and develop timing strategies, you will see improvement in your timed score.

I am also a slow reader which is why I've made it a goal to read daily and do timed Reading Comprehension sections frequently. Reading speed and short-term memory are probably the two biggest traits naturally high LSAT scorers. While there are certainly limitations, these are both skills one can develop through practice and determination!

• akishjohnsonakishjohnson Member
    13 karma

Thank you for the feedback. I will certainly incorporate this into my study habits.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

I agree with @Climb_to_170 above and would add another point. Make sure you are putting emphasis on what is happening to you under time pressure. Obviously, if time were not an issue, your Blind Review score would be your actual score. Really put the effort in to understand what forced the mistakes in the first place. Is not reading fast enough the only problem? Are there certain question types that you are missing much more than others? Is there material that you still need to master therefore with that mastery the speed issue will go away? Sorting through this will help diagnose your issue even closer and allow you to reach higher levels.

• akishjohnsonakishjohnson Member
    13 karma

I am sure that I have some other issues that need to come to light as I study. But I know for sure that I need to increase my reading speed while maintaining comprehension.