Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind review results... which section to focus on?

goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 56 karma
I could use some help figuring out which section deserves my focus more. Here is my dilemma:

Logic games is my worst section for timed tests. However, I'm very good at fixing mistakes during a blind review (0 to -1 consistently).

My LR is 4% higher, but I can't get the level of accuracy I do in blind review as I can in LG.

I want to focus on one section at a time. Which one should I focus on for maximizing results in a short time. I'm taking the September test.

Comments

• TheMusaTheMusa Alum Member
    edited August 2014 35 karma
    If you have to choose one go with LGs with 7sage's method almost everyone is able to improve. Even though LG is the smallest section of the test going 0 to -1 will give you a tremendous boost and LGs seems to be the area that most people see the most improvement. I know you're probably short on time, but because the LR is more of the test than any of the others. I would advise trying to improve as much as possible with it by doing BR and a lot of sections. It takes longer to improve, but seeing as to you see almost 2xs as many LR questions as LG questions it might be worth it. Hope this helped good luck.
  • dillonritchidillonritchi Alum Member
    43 karma

I think the best way to just overall generally improve is to take as many individual Practice Tests as you can and do individual section improvement on the side. This is because I truly believe that if you take as many as you can and you efficiently Blind Review them, over time every section of your LSAT score should improve. I think you may run into an issue if you just focus solely or most of your attention on improving one section if you are not scoring well in all sections. This is because sadly, not all LSAT tests are equal in the distribution of difficulty of sections. So what I mean by this is that if a specific LSAT test has a really difficult logic games, it may compensate for the increased difficulty by making another section easier such as Reading Comprehension. So lets say you focus most of your time on LG and you get it down to roughly -1 or -2 on average on LG sections but when you write the September LSAT it is just your luck that they put in a really hard LSAT section so you go -4 to -5 instead of your average. Now the issue for you is that you may not be able to make up those lost marks because you haven't worked on your RC as much and you struggle much more so you don't get that advantage of having an easy RC because you haven't focused as much time on the RC as you should be. So, if you focus most of your time on LG you could really screw yourself over if you get unlucky on the LSAT.
    So instead, what I would advise is that you take around 2 PTs a week after you have done the core curriculum from 7sage and on some other days you drill individual sections for areas that you think you need improvement upon or that you may be lagging behind. So for LG maybe you fool proof one of your sections (as described by JY). This way you can work on your worst sections and also ensure that you are improving some of your other sections over time as well. This is just my opinion and not gospel so take it with a grain of salt.
    Good Luck in September:)

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@dillonritchi said:
    I think the best way to just overall generally improve is to take as many individual Practice Tests as you can and do individual section improvement on the side. This is because I truly believe that if you take as many as you can and you efficiently Blind Review them, over time every section of your LSAT score should improve. I think you may run into an issue if you just focus solely or most of your attention on improving one section if you are not scoring well in all sections. This is because sadly, not all LSAT tests are equal in the distribution of difficulty of sections. So what I mean by this is that if a specific LSAT test has a really difficult logic games, it may compensate for the increased difficulty by making another section easier such as Reading Comprehension. So lets say you focus most of your time on LG and you get it down to roughly -1 or -2 on average on LG sections but when you write the September LSAT it is just your luck that they put in a really hard LSAT section so you go -4 to -5 instead of your average. Now the issue for you is that you may not be able to make up those lost marks because you haven't worked on your RC as much and you struggle much more so you don't get that advantage of having an easy RC because you haven't focused as much time on the RC as you should be. So, if you focus most of your time on LG you could really screw yourself over if you get unlucky on the LSAT.
    So instead, what I would advise is that you take around 2 PTs a week after you have done the core curriculum from 7sage and on some other days you drill individual sections for areas that you think you need improvement upon or that you may be lagging behind. So for LG maybe you fool proof one of your sections (as described by JY). This way you can work on your worst sections and also ensure that you are improving some of your other sections over time as well. This is just my opinion and not gospel so take it with a grain of salt.
    Good Luck in September:)

The owner of this post probably already graduated law school by now haha. But your advice will help me :)