Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

law schools switching to online classes and impact on applicant pool

Hi! I was hoping if some of you could share your thoughts on a concern of mine. I am worried that if law schools decide to hold their classes online this fall that we may see a lot of admitted students deferring their admissions to the following year, making the applicant pool for anyone applying in this upcoming cycle of admissions harder. Worst case, if this is true, I’m thinking it could be worth waiting a year to apply. I know it is too early to tell, but I wanted to share this concern in hopes that someone might have some interesting thoughts or useful info on the matter! Thanks!

Comments

• bunnygirl2827bunnygirl2827 Member
    16 karma

I am curious to know this too

• cat_kimballcat_kimball Core Member
    86 karma

I hadn't even considered this! I sure hope not. I do not want to wait a year to apply.

• audeamus300audeamus300 Alum Member
    edited April 2020 226 karma

Hmm I'm not sure if schools would consider aversion toward online classes one of those "special occasions" for which deferrals are granted. Almost everyone's being impacted by this pandemic. I kind of feel like they want to see how their students overcome this and to be flexible during the stressful times.

But I guess we don't know what's going to happen. I myself do not want to take online classes when I'm paying the same amount of tuition. If the pandemic gets even worse, and more and more people decide not to attend (even if deferrals are not granted), I guess schools might open more spots from their waitlist. If those admitted students apply again in the next cycle (+ people who were going to apply anyway), there will be more applications in the next cycle and yes, it'll be more competitive. But the number of those admitted students not attending would need to be pretty significant, I think.