Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Tech Issue, help please!

I think I might be spotting a technical issue in the curriculum. In the "Introduction to Logic" section, all of the video explanations for the quizzes do not play smoothly. They constantly stop and start, as if buffering. I do not have this problem on any other part of the curriculum in "Intro to Logic" or otherwise. I do not have this problem when watching the impacted videos on my phone. It also does not seem to be a wifi issue as my phone is connected to the same wifi, and all my other sites and videos are playing fine. I have cleared my browser's (chrome) cache. I am on a Lenovo laptop operating Windows 10 Home. Any idea what might be going on? It is pretty frustrating to have to open up only certain videos on my phone if I want to watch them as I move through the curriculum on my computer.

Here is one of the pages on which I have encountered this problem: https://7sage.com/lesson/quiz-group-4-translations-1-w-answers/?ss_completed_lesson=10107

Thanks!

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@joshburg said:
    I think I might be spotting a technical issue in the curriculum. In the "Introduction to Logic" section, all of the video explanations for the quizzes do not play smoothly. They constantly stop and start, as if buffering. I do not have this problem on any other part of the curriculum in "Intro to Logic" or otherwise. I do not have this problem when watching the impacted videos on my phone. It also does not seem to be a wifi issue as my phone is connected to the same wifi, and all my other sites and videos are playing fine. I have cleared my browser's (chrome) cache. I am on a Lenovo laptop operating Windows 10 Home. Any idea what might be going on? It is pretty frustrating to have to open up only certain videos on my phone if I want to watch them as I move through the curriculum on my computer.

Here is one of the pages on which I have encountered this problem: https://7sage.com/lesson/quiz-group-4-translations-1-w-answers/?ss_completed_lesson=10107

Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry about that. It sounds very frustrating. I tried to reproduce the issue but I was unable to.

We've added a "simple" video player along with our advanced video player. The simple one lacks some of the advanced features like time cues, but we've purposely created it to "play nice" with the largest pool of devices and browsers. If you go to "Settings" and then choose "Simple" under Video Player, it should fix the issue. I've attached an example screenshot here:

Also, if you use any sort of ad-blocker plug-in/software, we've found that sometimes that also prohibits our videos from being played.

Let me know if this doesn't fix your problem and we'll continue troubleshooting!