Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC Done! PT now, or PT later?

jcho1234jcho1234 Member
in General 108 karma

Hi! Just finished CC and I know I need to do more a lot more work, but unsure what I need to focus on.

So today's conundrum is... Should I take the PT directly following the CC to get a sense of my weakness now? Or work on my assumed weaknesses first and wait before taking any PTs at all...

I'm just scared to disappoint myself, but want to know where to go next. Not done foolproofing yet either...

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I would say take a PT and thoroughly BR. That will help you get a sense of if your issues now are due to timing or understanding the material. So if you PT 150 and BR 180, you know you have a solid understanding of the material but need to get better at time management. There are plenty of PTs so no reason to worry about "wasting" one. Also don't view it as a disappointment if you don't like your PT score, the point of PTing is to learn how to be a better test-taker, not to pat yourself on the back for scores you like.

• jcho1234jcho1234 Member
    108 karma

OK, I needed to hear this. I definitely need to do this in order to hone my problem areas. Thank you. But I am still aiming to pat myself on the back. Always. Haha.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    edited May 2020 3481 karma

Haha no of course I agree, celebrate all of your wins :) I just meant don't feel bad about lower than desired PT scores because they're a great way to learn

• jcho1234jcho1234 Member
    108 karma

Ok. Took all day, but I am done. I did better than I thought, BUT, I had a couple mini melt downs (when 2 out of my 3 kids started wailing), took a mid-section break, started over on RC, and gave myself unlimited time on a couple sections. Sooo, all in all, fake news. :T

BR didn't get me much of a bump either. Long road ahead.

No pats for me today. Time to drink wine.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

@jcho1234 Those days will happen, all we can do is keep the big picture in mind. The LSAT is an absolute beast of a test. However, with time and effort, it too will yield. Take a break and don't feel bad about it, you'll be ready to work with twice the gusto when you return!