Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about LSAC Prep Plus & Digital LSATs related to highlighting/underlining

in General 410 karma

First off, sorry if this sounds dumb. My problem is that the highlighting/underlining features seem to be really buggy with the Prep Plus program, to the point I can't really rely on it at all because sometimes it stops highlighting at the wrong part, or won't stop highlighting, or starts highlighting at the wrong part, etc... This annoys me because I'd love to highlight poignant elements like hints to the author's tone or different view points. This has been an issue on both my tablet and my desktop.

My questions are as follows:

1) For those who have done the Digital LSAT, is it exactly the same as LSAT Prep Plus?

2) How many of you are using these features for your digital tests via Prep Plus?

3) Am I missing something dumb here regarding how to make sure it highlights properly? I've tried clicking to start and stop the highlighting process but it seems to be really finicky and doesn't listen. I've found most of the time, right clicking works but still fails about 1/10 times.

Comments

• MiamiLaw2024MiamiLaw2024 Alum Member
    62 karma

I have the same issue!

• 1058 karma

I don't think you are missing anything. I haven't checked out the LSAT Prep Plus yet, but when I took the LSAT last year the highlighting features weren't helpful due to the same issues you are experiencing. I have trained myself not to highlight or underline due to this.

• 410 karma

@"The Great White Shark" said:
    I don't think you are missing anything. I haven't checked out the LSAT Prep Plus yet, but when I took the LSAT last year the highlighting features weren't helpful due to the same issues you are experiencing. I have trained myself not to highlight or underline due to this.

Yeah, I think I'll have to do that too. Makes more sense than trying to rely on a finicky system.

• HarrisHarris Core Member
    188 karma

Hello Sir. I'm having success with highlighting on Hub by utilizing my desktop and external mouse. Also, the ProctorU Tech lady confirmed it'll be no problem. Honestly, the highlighting feature on 7Sage is far superior than Hub, but hey it'll work. I did experience some inconsistencies with highlighting on 7Sage back in January but replaced my mouse.....no prob moving forward. Best of luck.

• 1058 karma

@"jeff.wongkachi" said:

@"The Great White Shark" said:

Yeah, I think I'll have to do that too. Makes more sense than trying to rely on a finicky system.

If it’s any encouragement, my score has only improved since giving up highlighting and underlining :smile:

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    350 karma

I'm really worried about taking the LSAT flex in June if it is anything like the LSAT Prep Plus setup. Sometimes during RC, the LSAT Prep Plus has you do a question with specific lie numbers, but the passage isn't even numbered itself!? Also, sometimes it "teal highlights" for you during an RC question and then sometimes it doesn't. SO nervous. Any thoughts on this? DO you think LSAC knows about the issues the system has on RC?

• 410 karma

I think the line references are relics from the old tests so they shouldn't exist in the modern tests (but don't quote me). Regarding the highlights, I've noticed that too -- I guess that's the importance of having good low res so you can have at least a rough idea of where things are.

• Andi5678Andi5678 Alum Member
    21 karma

The highlighting tool on the Digital Lsat to me is basically useless, I took it July 2019 some people had my experience and others said it worked fine so I guess it's subjective? I really don't know. I used to highlight keywords/phrases and I still do while studying/drilling but I don't when I PT because of that experience. I have switched to jotting down a note if I really feel I need to or doing a "loose highlight" knowing I may have highlighted things I didn't want to, it's more of a "something important is around here" visual. The highlighting tool is too clunky and it is a waste of your time to sit there trying to make it do what you want it to do, complete time suck. Start adapting to using it only sparingly if you rely on highlighting/marking majorly as I did before. I'm in the midst of that and I hope it forces me to engage more internally. I sometimes look like i'm spacing out but nope, i'm staring at the stimulus and thinking.