Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

large score fluctuation on PTs

otoolecbotoolecb Member
in General 13 karma

For the last month I have been taking a full length PT test every week, blind reviewing and drilling in between. My scores have been fluctuating dramatically. In January my diagnostic score was a 155. Last week after months of studying I was so happy to score a 164 (blind review 167). Then I took another test yesterday and scored a 155 (blind review 158). I'm taking them under the same testing conditions each time. I'm getting really frustrated with this test. Currently registered for the June flex and feel like my score will end up being a total surprise, for better or, more likely, worse. Does anyone have suggestions or has experienced a similar thing?

Comments

• henrylxixhenrylxix Member
    89 karma

I had the same problem and found that my LR and RC scores were relatively consistent but on LG I would be anywhere from -0 to -12 depending on the test. Once I drilled games enough to get consistently -0 my full length test scores steadied out a lot to about a 5 point range rather than a 15 point range like I'd originally had. If you aren't consistently -0 on games I'd suggest starting there because it's generally regarded as the easiest section to perfect, and then after that you can focus on getting faster at RC, working through the LR question types that give you trouble, etc.

• otoolecbotoolecb Member
    13 karma

Okay thank you! I am seeing the steadiest amount of improvement there but am still not close to -0 so will continue focusing on LG.