Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to improve Reading Comprehension

musumecibjjmusumecibjj Alum Member
in General 94 karma

So i am taking the lsat in june, and am right now getting perfect on the games and roughly -3-5 on Logical Reasoning. I just started studying reading comprehension now and did 4 sections in the last 4 days, every section i got -6-7 on. Is there any legit advice to get this into the -2-4 range before June? Just a lot of repetition and doing a reading comp section everyday? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• turtlesolturtlesol Alum Member
    45 karma

We would really need some more details of what you are struggling with to give more specific advice. Are you running out of time? missing main point questions? missing structure questions?

a few things you could try that i have found helpful to get from -7 to -3/-4:
    feign interest in each passage (after you are finished, read some more about each topic on wikipedia or youtube or whatever).

low resolution summary (this will really help with structure questions)

moving through questions more quickly (only reference passage if you are really unsure or have time at end)

in blind review, reread the whole passage to really understand it. based on your lr scores, you really should be able to get every single question right if untimed, and this will uncover where you went wrong on the timed test. you will be able to recognize where you read too quickly and didn't understand, where you missed the tone of the author, where you missed inferences from specific details. i have found that by doing this enough it has really helped me.