Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Burnout and quarantine= disaster ...words of encouragement??

keepgoing.keepgoing. Member
edited May 2020 in General 365 karma

I am really burning out and it's especially hard for me to get away and do things I enjoy because of quarantine. (Don't mean to sound like a first world snob.. but here we are). Anyways since quarantine, I have tried to go for runs, write, go for walks etc. to have some sort of alternative outlets but it really has not felt the same.

I have been studying on and off for almost a year or more but burnt out TWICE in quarantine. I have also never studied like I have during quarantine so it makes sense. Since I am now unemployed and have no responsibilities, you would think this is a good thing, for studying but it also took away my balance, hobbies, structure...etc

I have reached most of my study goals but have some areas to improve. My plan was to sharpen areas for improvement and simulataneously complete a certain amount of PT's + review them before July's test.

This burn out is causing me even more stress since I may not have time to take all PT's as planned or go over all material.. and I don't want to delay the test.

I am feeling really hopeless and upset that my brain keeps crashing on me and I am not doing a good enough job at having a balance. And I am stressed that this burnout is "wasting my time". and even more stressed of the cycle of burnout repeating itself.

Any tips on how i can pull myself out of this negative place I have sunk into?

TDLR: experiencing a second burnout and it's killing my motivation especially because quarantine has kept me confined..

Thanks for joining my pity party.

Comments