Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do law schools care about lower LSAT scores?

kkckkck13kkckkck13 Member
edited May 2020 in General 37 karma

I just took the May LSAT Flex and came out of my test feeling VERY bad about it.
I'm considering cancelling my score but I wasn't sure how much law schools would care about a low first score.
I've heard that schools really only look at your highest score but is this true? Or could a low score possibly impact my application?

Comments

• 1058 karma

My understanding is that a low first score can impact admissions into some law schools. I don’t think a low first score is as impacting as it used to be in the past though. But some schools say they still consider all of your scores while others only consider your top score. If you have a specific school in mind, I would research what their policy is to help you decide if you should cancel or not.

• liz08080liz08080 Alum Member
    46 karma

I am in the same boat and just signed up for the July test. Who knows if that will be remote or not - I'm located in New York City and had to sign up in New Jersey. My bet is that it will be remote, who knows what will happen. I don't think I am going to cancel my score because the truth is that these are extraordinary times and a bad first score can be really easily explained in an application addendum given the circumstances. I agree with The Great White Shark about checking with individual schools, but even schools that look at all scores only report the highest ones for their own rankings.