Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Average Score on 7sage

173orbust173orbust Alum Member
in General 183 karma

I am curious as to what the average LSAT score on 7sage is. I am asking because even on the lowest difficulty questions where 96%+ people get them correct, the average score for the answer choice is typically around 167. Does this mean that the 7sage average score is only slightly lower at around 165? That would be quite an impressive average score for the site. Using this average score as advertising could likely help to get more people to sign up.

Comments

• joeskatzjoeskatz Member
    42 karma

It's probably due to higher scores getting a variety of questions wrong, so it spreads out the average score more than you'd expect. I'd imagine most PTs are above 150, since anyone willing to come to 7sage and practice and study is going to have a much higher chance of being in the top half of scorers.

• 410 karma

@joeskatz said:
    It's probably due to higher scores getting a variety of questions wrong, so it spreads out the average score more than you'd expect. I'd imagine most PTs are above 150, since anyone willing to come to 7sage and practice and study is going to have a much higher chance of being in the top half of scorers.

This kind of reads like an RRE question. I think I'm starting to get LSAT in the brain...

• joeskatzjoeskatz Member
    42 karma

Maybe I'm just starting to write like an Lsat question...it's consumed my thinking haha!

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    edited May 2020 796 karma

@"SCOTUSorBust" said:
    I am asking because even on the lowest difficulty questions where 96%+ people get them correct, the average score for the answer choice is typically around 167.

@"jeff.wongkachi" said:
    This kind of reads like an RRE question. I think I'm starting to get LSAT in the brain...

Well, let's see if we can resolve the apparent discrepancy.

If you look at the June 2007 LSAT, the average scores are in the lower 150s, which makes sense since most people take it as a diagnostic.

On the other extreme, if you look at PTs like the LSAT C2, you find the very high average scores that you're talking about.

I looked at a bunch of random PTs, though, and for most of them--the ones people typically take throughout a regular course of LSAT studying--the average scores for correct ACs tend to hover around the lower 160s. So I'm inclined to think that the average scores for ACs on a given PT depend a bit on how often people take that PT early in their studying v.s. later in their studying v.s. never unless they're someone who takes virtually every PT. And the sample you used was therefore probably unrepresentative of typical PT scores :wink:

Also, we've been saying "average score" but, though I'm not positive, I think they're more likely to be median scores, since the median would be a more useful metric.

Anyway, that would make me guess that the median score is probably somewhere around 159-162, but either way definitely lower than 165. We should have a guessing contest!