Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Correct time to take the LSAT

fullstopfullstop Member
in General 169 karma

Hello everyone!

Joined 7Sage recently and I had a question I would appreciate some advice on. I’m currently in the fourth year of law school (the semester is yet to commence) in India and I wanted to take the LSAT so I can enroll in a T-14 university. The Indian undergraduate degree is a five-year program, so I’ll be eligible to seek admission into law school only from 2022.

Given this situation, I would appreciate it if anyone well-versed with the admissions process could tell me the right time to sit for the LSAT. Currently, I’m planning to take the test in January 2021, but considering that I won’t be free till mid-2022, is this a good decision?

Comments

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

As far as I understand, law schools simply take the highest scores without consideration for the date during which the score was obtained (unless it is really late in the cycle and they have already accepted applicants, but that shouldn't be a problem for you). Schools with higher median LSAT scores have higher rankings, whereas schools cannot boast of accepted students who took the LSAT more recently. Also, LSAT scores are valid for five years, which is well within the range of when you plan on taking the LSAT.
    So the correct time really boils down to this: when do you think you will score your absolutely best.