Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13 point increase

maryjando95maryjando95 Member
in General 39 karma

My goal is to take the August 2020 LSAT i would like to increase my score by 13 points. i would really appreciate any tips/Advice to do this in the next 3 months i usually study about 2 hours a day but just started really doing that in May. thanks.

Comments

• J.A. BettigJ.A. Bettig Alum Member
    105 karma

What’s your current score? There’s a big difference between improving 13 points from a 140 and a 165.

• MKucharczukMKucharczuk Core Member
    20 karma

One of the biggest pieces of advice I would give is finding what works for you. Everyone is different, everyone has different strenghts, weaknesses and ways of understanding. Set a goal and work towards it the best you can. Make sure you understand why and answer is right but also why the other answers are wrong. Develop an understanding of the theory and mechanistic aspects of lawgic, question stems etc then practice, practice, practice. That being said, do not burn yourself out. If you are studying, make sure it is productive and not drilling an over-tired, over-worked brain!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

The top comment has it spot on. If you want to get to a 178 from a 165, you need to improve everything and be pretty much perfect at the LSAT. If you want to get from a 140 to a 153, doing the Core Curriculum and getting rooted in the basics of the test will get you more of where you need to go.

Depending on where your score is, the answer varies between everything and specific question types and areas of the exam.