Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you Blind Review Logic Games?

axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
in Logic Games 256 karma

Hi 7Sage!

I was wondering if any of you blind review logic games? Fool proofing has dramatically helped my understanding and my competence on logic games and I am continuing to do the fool-proofing method. But I don't know if blind reviewing my logic games after I first take a game is really necessary.. it seems that logic games is just fundamentally different in regards to study strategy than blind reviewing logical reasoning and reading comp. Blind review for both of LR and RC have helped a lot of course.

Just thought I would ask for some opinions.

Thanks!

Comments

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

I do a ‘modified BR’ for LG in the context of my BR of an entire practice test (basically I just redo the games before watching the videos) but when I am full-proofing I definitely do NOT blind review. The benefit of being able to churn out 5-10X more games far outweighs the benefit of reconfirming ACs.

Sometimes I do spend time with the game after the clock is before going to the video/checking answers. E.g. I do a game and I decide to NOT split the game board (for whatever reason) but I feel as if the GB could have been split, I might do a modified BR where I just build out all of the sub-GBs and compare it to J.Y.’s approach/split-node. I think that type of fine-tuned review is valuable but vanilla BR not so much.

I also have a checklist that I built that I fill out after each game to make sure my process is fine-tuned but this is more from an execution standpoint.

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

Before checking the answer, I would do the games again and think whether I followed my own process, whether I made all the inferences, whether I made the the right call to split or not to split, whether the way I wrote down the rules and game boards are clear and efficient, whether I should have spent so much time on certain questions and what I could have done differently, etc. This helps me improve my process and find out my weakness. Hope this helps!

• edited June 2020 414 karma

When I'm drilling, I do not BR my LG.
    For timed PTs though, I do go through all the questions and rules in all four games. Instead of really picking things apart as you'd do for LR and RC during BR, I basically just re-solve all the questions. I usually go -0/-1 in LG and this quick BR allows me to catch my mistakes, if there is any!