Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone taken the India LSATs?

hobbitttyhobbittty Alum Member
in General 14 karma
I've run out of practice tests, so I'd like to take the India LSATs, as previously recommended by @Litian.Chen and @"Nilesh S" http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia/#handbook .

I noticed, though, that the Games section for the first India LSAT is the same as the one in the free June 2007 preptest, only with Indian names and places used. Are the other three India LSATs also just re-hashes of other available preptests?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    More or less... the questions would be pretty much the same or similar... it is after all the same company that administers the tests
    3438 karma
    However, check out the LR sections as well. And the RC.
  • hobbitttyhobbittty Alum Member
    14 karma
    I actually wanted to avoid looking too closely at the tests, so that in case I hadn't taken them before I wouldn't "ruin" them. :)
    If anyone's taken them and recognized them, it would be great to know.
    3438 karma
    let me give them a look right now
    3438 karma
    So the RC also seems the same as 2007... the other tests...you will have to give them to find out :/
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Disclaimer: Haven't seen any of the India PT's

Have you exhausted every single PT 1-74 and the few Feb PT's? I'd probably use these Indian PT's as a last resort and redrill/PT the same PT 1-74. Even if you have gone through a PT, it's okay to take it again (months later) because you are always learning the LSAT. I feel like it's more applicable in LR, but you can come across a LR question in a different perspective the second time around. We already know the drill with the LG Fool Proof Method. It's okay to do the same games over and over.

Hope this helps!
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    They're not bad. You can take them as a last resort.

But if you're already this pressed for preptests so far away from June, might I suggest that you take the opportunity to re-take some of the ones you did long ago instead? For two reasons

1: you need to save these LSAT Indias so that you have at least something new to sink your teeth into a bit closer to test day, and

2: if you're still not at your target after having taken 74 full practice tests, then more new questions isn't going to help. Figuring out what you still don't understand about the old questions and (more importantly) how to abstract those things out to be more universally applicable is the way to go, and for that you need to do some serious backward-looking analysis to figure out the things you mess up time and time again.
  • hobbitttyhobbittty Alum Member
    14 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" : It sounds like you've taken the India tests, since you say they're not bad. Is the material in them new? -i.e. different from the stuff in preptests 1-74? I'm especially interested in the games.

I'm definitely planning to save the India preptests, if they are different! I don't have any completely fresh preptests left from the 1-74 because I'm re-taking, and I used them up when I was studying for the test before. PT 35 and up I took as whole preptests. From PT 1-34, I have some reading passages left, but I've done a considerable portion of the harder LR questions by using the Cambridge types book. As for games, I've done every game published. (Games are my weak point.) I am drilling games with the Fool Proof Method.

The trouble is, I've gotten to the point where I recognize a lot of the games, so a lot of the time I know what the recommended setup is and sometimes even remember issues with certain questions. I do get faster by drilling with the Fool Proof Method. However, with new material, I slow down for the easy games and get confused on the harder ones. So I'm planning to keep drilling, and retake some old preptests, and then use any new material closer to the test date.

Anyway, I just wanted to check if the India tests actually are new material, especially the games sections. If anyone knows, please let me know!