Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sleeping schedule

I’m pretty sure there are my fellow night owls who can’t go to sleep early. When do you guys wake up to start studying. I can’t sleep early enough to wake up around 8 a.m. But I feel like I’m losing time not waking up early. Any thoughts?

Comments

• FJ15FJ15 Member
    60 karma

I woke up early for a month (around 4:30am) and studied for almost eight hours a day. I ended up burning out, and so I took a week to kind of "relax" and do some light studying. I now wake up around 9-10am and only study for a maximum of three hours while working in a non-profit. I found that my scores on problem sets are so much better now. I don't think you have to wake up early and study so much to do well. Your brain needs time to retain the information that you feed it. Make sure that even if you can't sleep that early, you are still getting enough sleep because your body and brain need rest to reach your potential. I was hitting a wall when I was waking up early every day (I am also not an early bird). I scored a consistent 160 on five practice tests that month. I am excited to see my score in the next practice test that I take.

• oneclimboneclimb Alum Member
    268 karma

Absolutely second @FJ15. The same exact experience. This test makes you think you need to devote a ton of hours per week to do well. Not the case at all. Always better to go slow and steady and make sure those new neural connections have time to set in. Rest is a huge factor in letting that happen.

• Thanks so much for the input guys