Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resubmit reference letters?

emmorensemmorens Core Member

Hi all,

I had two outstanding reference letters for this cycle from professors who know and support me in my ambitions. I'm sure they will have no problem resubmitting but for some reason I can't get myself to send the email without feeling like I'm a nuisance to them. Has anyone had experience asking their references to resubmit for a second cycle? How would you recommend approaching this via email?

Thanks and I appreciate the feedback, hopefully this question can be helpful to someone else as well.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

It's not necessary... you can just reuse the letters unless they specifically reference this school year. But I mean, just ask? LoR requests are a pretty standard part of being a college professor. It's not like it'd be unusual for them.

If it's really that big of a deal for you, email asking permission to use the letters for anther cycle, which is common courtesy. Good chance they may ask if you want them to update the letter.