Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading comprehension inconsistencies

Hey everyone, can somebody please help me out, I’ve been studying since March and am aiming for a 165. I average missing 4-5 per LR section, missing about 3 on LG, but RC is killing me. I’ll go anywhere from missing 5 to 12 and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to improve. I plan to take the October exam and was thinking about taking 2 weeks and doing 2 RC sections a day (one in the morning untimed and one at night timed) any suggestions would be appreciated thank you!

Comments

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

You want to focus on the structure of the passage when reading. As you read, think about how each paragraph and sentence work together to contribute to the main point. To do this, you may need to spend more time up front reading the passage and less time on the questions. But I think investing the time up front is well worth it in RC. If you don't have a good understanding of the passage, what hope do you have in the questions? Unlike LR, the questions in RC certainly won't help you figure anything out.