Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT's vs. drilling for the July LSAT

mellomelmellomel Alum Member
in General 292 karma

Hey everyone,

I'm getting more and more nervous as the test day is creeping up, mostly because I couldn't reach my target score yet. I'm still scoring at the low 160's and BR'ing around low 170's. I average at around -5 in each section and I'm looking for ways to use my remaining time most efficiently to boost my score.

I have been taking 1 PT every two weeks during my prep stage, and I recently got it down to 1 PT every week. Now I'm wondering if next week (the week before the LSAT!) I should take 2 PT's for extra practice OR focus on problem sections that I'm more likely to see results in, being LG and LR, and drill individual sections. I thought I could divide my days into two dedicating one half to LG and the other half to LR for example and do only 1 PT for that week as usual.

The same question goes for the week of the LSAT but this time it is should I take one PT and focus on that or drill ONLY timed LR and LG sections.

And on a side note, while I feel like I finally have a good grasp on LG, the best score I've got so far was a -3. I seem to be losing points due to stupid counting/diagramming mistakes or going too fast on questions that required more time. I don't do such mistakes when foolproofing so I'm wondering if for the last weeks I should be taking fresh LG sections and then BR/review them exclusively to see the quickest results.

If anyone has other recommendations or words of advice I would appreciate them so so much.

Thanks and happy studying :)