LSAT Flex June 2020 - Asia ridiculous time slots

grasshopper47grasshopper47 Core Member
edited July 2020 in June 2020 LSAT 40 karma

Hi everyone,

I am planning on taking the June LSAT Flex in Asia and had to secure a time slot last week.
Well.. the available time slots all looked ridiculous. I guess this is because they need to follow the US time?
The only available time in Asia time was in the range of something like 5:20am, 5:30am, 5;40am., or, 9:30pm, 9:40 pm.
- no single time slot available between those two extremes (either 5am-ish in the morning or 9pm-ish at night. oh, there were a few more on 1~2am.....)
These are all ridiculous..... I chose a night time slot because I just am not a morning person (although the usual 8:30am start time for regular LSAT should have been reasonable). I do believe LSAT heavily requires you to have intense focus and concentration (and that's why the regular LSAT starts from 8:30...isn't it?)

When I tried to find more information, there wasn't much.

is anyone having a similar problem right now? or, which time slot would you recommend? or should I contact the LSAC for this (don't think they will do much about it...)
I am soooo not looking forward to this.

Comments

• boduri13boduri13 Alum Member
    4 karma

Had the same issue. Was scheduled for a 5:20am slot and rescheduled it to an 11:30pm slot...

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    edited July 2020 591 karma

We're in the same boat. You have every right to be mad at this. Call the LSAC and complain and tell them firmly that this needs to be changed! If we all call them up, there's hope that things are gonna change. If most people don't complain, they would think this is fine.
    Honestly I'm so frightened. If we don't take July Flex, October test will be the only option, but the timing problem will probably recur. So let's all call them up and demand a change! International students, UNITE!

• ounaihsuanounaihsuan Member
    26 karma

Also in Asia for the Flex. I called both ProctorU and LSAC and after several nights of staying up late trying to get someone to do something (time zone difference is so not fun), I was lucky enough to have my test time rescheduled to the late afternoon. I advise working with LSAC to resolve the issue, ProctorU was in the most part extremely painful to communicate with...unbelievably, absurdly so. ProctorU says they mean China Standard Time by CST by the way. So do take that into consideration, I initially thought it was Central Standard Time and felt quite hopeless. Anyways, best of luck.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

This awful! How are they not giving people times where they can reasonably perform well? I am in the US and even here didn't have the best options. I started registration an hour and a half after it opened and my only option was in the middle of the day on the last day available. But the times for International are much worse, you guys should call LSAC.

• 16 karma

I'm having the same issue in Australia. I don't want to take this test at 2 am. It's actually ridiculous. Like, do they not even realize how time zones work?

• hd977hd977 Alum Member
    70 karma

@ounaihsuan said:
    Also in Asia for the Flex. I called both ProctorU and LSAC and after several nights of staying up late trying to get someone to do something (time zone difference is so not fun), I was lucky enough to have my test time rescheduled to the late afternoon. I advise working with LSAC to resolve the issue, ProctorU was in the most part extremely painful to communicate with...unbelievably, absurdly so. ProctorU says they mean China Standard Time by CST by the way. So do take that into consideration, I initially thought it was Central Standard Time and felt quite hopeless. Anyways, best of luck.

Thank you for sharing the confirmation about time zone "CST"!! I was really caught upon that lol

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

Hey guys! Please call them up to point out the ridiculous time issue for international students. I called them and the person who picked up the phone said she had never heard this issue before. I told her this issue seems to be common for international students, she said she would try to communicate with Proctor U. I'm not sure whether things will change for October test, but if we all show our concern, the LSAC couldn't just pretend nothing wrong happened. So please call the LSAC up to let them know this is serious and we want things to change for July and October test!