Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for LSAT Flex

daphne06-1-1daphne06-1-1 Alum Member
in General 50 karma

Hi all, I am registered for the July Flex and was wondering if anyone who took the June Flex has any tips/insights? I am nervous about taking the test in my home and I've also heard some horror stories about proctors not showing up on time/not muting their mic and other technical issues. I also have been practicing on a tablet however now that we have to take it on a computer I wanted to know if that posed any specific issues for anyone? I took on PT on a computer to see and had a significantly lower score than usual, so I'm not sure if its just a fluke or if there are any strategies to taking a test on a computer vs a tablet I can employ. Also I am PTing in the low 170s and I generally miss 1 LR in one section and 3 in the other and so forth, so I am nervous about the LSAC only giving one LR section and doubling that score as it could either really help or hurt me.

Honestly any insight into the flex format and helpful strategies would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• jegosi215jegosi215 Member
    97 karma

I've heard that they will not be doubling the LR section's weight. I think I read that on LSAC's website. I am also registered for the July Flex, and I I'm curious as to how other people are preparing in terms of PT's. Are you only taking three sections when you PT?

• daphne06-1-1daphne06-1-1 Alum Member
    50 karma

@jegosi215 Really?! Could you post a link to that cause I can't find it and am curious as to how they'll scale/score it. For me I've been practicing with 4 sections still because I can see where my score is falling and it gives me more questions to review/understand which i think is helpful. It also helps with the endurance/stamina which I think will only help but curious to see what other people are doing!

• 24jumpstreet24jumpstreet Alum Member
    56 karma

I've been using this technique for calculating my approximate Flex score when I take PTs:
    "Add up your raw score from the Reading Comprehension section, the Logic Games section, and your lower-scoring Logical Reasoning section. Multiply that number by 1.33. Use the new total as a raw score and convert to a scaled score according to that test’s score conversion chart. Then, do the same thing with your higher-scoring Logical Reasoning section. The two scaled scores will represent a range of what you might have scored on that test if it had been administered as an LSAT-Flex." (Found on: https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/blog/flex/)

I've found it to be a pretty reliable way of seeing what my score would be for a Flex test. The range is always very close to my four section test score. You could also check this out and just input either of your LR scores to get an idea of what range your score would fall in: https://blog.blueprintprep.com/lsat/calculate-your-lsat-flex-score/

Hope this helps!

• 30 karma

https://www.lsac.org/blog/law-school-admission-time-covid-19-top-10-questions-about-lsat-flex

Go to question 2 on here. It states that they will not be double counting LR