Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Test Flex or Full ????

in General 124 karma

Are you taking the full practice test or just the 3 flex sections and using the converter tool?
Some people have indicated that their score went down when the did the flex version. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• sarahisksarahisk Member
    272 karma

I'm prepping for the July flex (it's so soon it's terrifying) and I've been focused on taking flex-style PTs this past week. I'll go ahead and look for which sections are LR, and I'll pick one at random to do as a warmup section before taking the other three sections. I found that with four section tests, I always did worse on the first LR section, so using one as a warmup and scoring the other has definitely helped the score I get with the flex converter.

• 124 karma

I've been doing all 4 and I'm actually worse on the second. I know that there is a difference, however slight, in difficulty between the LR sections, so I figured I should do both. I guess 4 sections will seem easy on test day (July). However, I heard something about the conversion so I'm wondering what everyone else is doing.

• aa4567890aa4567890 Member
    73 karma

I took the LSAT flex in June and had been doing full pt when studying. When taking the actual test, I was surprised by how different it felt to just do three sections and would recommend focusing more on doing LSAT-flex style pt

• 124 karma

Thanks

• mmacnamara21mmacnamara21 Core Member
    48 karma

@KatetheStudent said:
    I've been doing all 4 and I'm actually worse on the second. I know that there is a difference, however slight, in difficulty between the LR sections, so I figured I should do both. I guess 4 sections will seem easy on test day (July). However, I heard something about the conversion so I'm wondering what everyone else is doing.

@KatetheStudent what do you mean by '4 will seem easy on test day'? I thought that the Flex was only 3 sections? Thanks!

• 124 karma

@KatetheStudent said:

@KatetheStudent what do you mean by '4 will seem easy on test day'? I thought that the Flex was only 3 sections? Thanks!

The PTs have 4 sections while the flex is 3 sections, so if I have been doing 4 sections 3 will seem easier. I'm just not sure that is a good strategy, but I don't know which LR section to choose if only doing