Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scores above the ACs?

Ian grinds LSATIan grinds LSAT Core Member
in General 10 karma

Hi everyone, it’s my first month of learning on 7Sage, so haven’t fully grasped all the numbers!

Just noticed there are scores above the ACs on LR questions. For example, the curve of the Q was from 125-140, but the numbers above the ACs ranged from 155 to 165. Does that mean that, for example, someone who picks AC B on average scores 162? Then, what’s the point of The Curve?

Thanks!

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    868 karma

Hi there,

The scores above the answer choices are the average PrepTest scores of people who chose that answer. So, in your example where it says 162 for B, that means of everyone who took that test, we look at the subset of those people who chose B for that question and we average their PrepTest scores. It came out to 162.

The curve gives you an idea of what level of a scorer is likely to get this question right. It shows a model of scaled LSAT score vs probability of getting the question correct. It is based on student test results for each question.

The gray bar extends from the score for a 25% chance, to the score for a 75% chance of getting the question correct. The black line in the middle is the score for a 50% chance of getting the question correct.

The percentage at the right is the expected chance of someone with the same score as you on that PrepTest getting that question correct.

I hope that helped. Let me know if you have any further questions!