Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The beauty of Lawgic and its various applications

Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 3438 karma
Has anyone noticed that lawgic is useful for many things beyond the LSAT... I'm actually so grateful to 7sage because going thru the material for the LSAT has been useful in so many more ways than one... for 1, it made dealing with the methods classes in my PhD program SO much easier... both qualitative (sufficiency necessity/ some-all-most/ truth validity) and quantitative (causation correlation)... changed my way of looking claims in general... and it helps me build stronger arguments... and take apart other arguments for example... I had an exchange on an issue immensely sensitive to me yesterday on FB and in replying to a friend I went off on a (not rude yet firm) rant.. which involved everything I've learned here, from causation, to truth and validity.... just curious to know... anyone else had the experience that studying for this test has affected other areas of their life in similar ways?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3462 karma
    I'm still looking for the beauty in it ... LOL
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    haha... @emli1000 well maybe that was an exaggeration... as was my rant yesterday as you may have seen :P but lawgic certainly has changed my thought process a little even outside of LSAT prep :D
    3462 karma
    Lol.. I know.. Hopefully I'll get there before the June lsat!
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 1294 karma
    Yes, definitely. I've actually used it in arguments also lmao. It does help clear up a lot of issues and gives you a whole new way of looking at them.

And as weird as it sounds, lawgic is probably my favourite part about the LSAT. It's such a good feeling when you face a lawgic heavy question on the LSAT, and you end up tearing it apart and getting to the right answer through the application of its principles.
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @Matt1234567 it was my fave part too :D
    3438 karma
    @emli1000 you will... trust me on that one!!!
    3462 karma
    I hope so! One day...