Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demanding work & Time management

edited July 2021 in General 179 karma

Woohooo

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

I worked full-time (~50-55 hrs/wk) while studying for the LSATs but realize your schedule may be even more demanding than mine was. I think you actually may want to avoid a course with structured class days and times, assuming you cannot predict ahead of time which nights you will be staying late to finish work. Some weeks I managed to study for the LSAT for 1-3 hours each night after work. There were sometimes weeks where I barely got to study at all. Looking back, I valued the ability to vary how much I studied depending on my schedule, something which a structured course may not have allowed.

If you find yourself having difficulty setting aside time to study, try to organize yourself in a way to help you overcome this. I kept an 'LSAT journal' where I documented what I did – or did not – study every single day. Seeing a few lines in a row that said 'no studying' really put my feet to the fire and explicitly held me accountable, making it much less easy to let an entire week go by before realizing 'dang I really need to get more studying done..' (though, of course, that happened very occasionally)