Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to apply this cycle, but better to wait based on LSAT?

hnsk__17hnsk__17 Yearly Member
in General 8 karma

Hi all - should I test / apply only when my PT scores are where I want it to be even if it means pushing back another cycle or more?

In a perfect world, I would plan to test in Oct/Nov, apply late fall, and be admitted for 2021. I'm anxious to apply this cycle because I'm currently I'm out of work and the given the job market is super crazy right now, it would feel seamless to try to go to law school next year after prepping full time right now. I'm already +3 years out of school with work experience and can't help but feel I'm getting up there in years. However, my undergraduate GPA wasn't the strongest either so even with my plan above, I wonder if it'd be risky to apply "late" as a potential (super) splitter.

I haven't taken a full diagnostic in a year and I would consider myself to be in the learning phase. Currently studying full time and ultimately would like to aim for a T20 school.

Comments

• dos_cooldos_cool Member
    76 karma

Hey!

I am in a very similar position and have been struggling with the same dilemma. I am 30 and am working full time, studying and planning to take the LSAT in August. I'm not quite where I'd like to be with my PT scores, and I am in a similar splitter scenario with my GPA.

That being said, I don't think it hurts at all to get some test day experience. I am excited to see what the flex is all about and hopefully have a good test day! Who knows?

• Magic Moore-1-1-1-1-1Magic Moore-1-1-1-1-1 Core Member
    15 karma

I'm in the exact same scenario. 31 Years old, was looking to take the LSAT in October and Push for fall 21 admissions but I may eliminate some stress and take it at a later time

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

@hhk42 As a 39(!) year old incoming 1L, I can commiserate with the feeling of "getting up there in years." But this is your one shot to go to the best school for you. IMO, that means persisting until you know you can achieve an LSAT score that will give you the best chance at getting into that school. For me, that meant writing the LSAT three times! You probably won't be happy if you settle for a JD from a low-ranked school with a big pile of debt and a hard time getting a job.

Anywho, my $.02: keep going!