Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going -3 and -4 per LR section untimed

edited August 2020 in Logical Reasoning 540 karma

Hi guys,

I recently noticed that I continue to go -3 and -4 on each LR section either untimed or timed and BR'ed. These questions tend to be 4 and 5 star questions. Since a few months ago, I used up a few PTs (43 - 49) doing untimed work to increase my focus in reading carefully the question stem, stimulus, and answer choices. I noticed that prior to this, I was slacking off on being explicit with what the assumptions used on the argument is, and prephrasing the answer choice.

In this regard, I definitely made improvements (went -5 and -6 per each LR section previously). I do not gloss over words/sentences as much and feel more attuned to important details. But still, I am still getting -3 and -4 wrong on each LR section, which is discouraging. My goal is to go -1 per LR section timed, so 0 untimed.

I plan on using the 7Sage Analytics to identify any recurring question types from PTs 43 - 49, revisiting the CC for those question types, and making drill packets from PTs 7 - 49 on those question types.

What do you think about my approach? Would you recommend that I continue to do untimed work as I mentioned above, or continue doing what I was doing and use up a few more PTs (50 - 55) for untimed LR sections as well? I don't think it's a good idea to go back to timed LR sections with BR at the end, seeing that my untimed score is not good enough.

Thanks for your input!