Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). BackEnd Struggles - 7Sage Forum

BackEnd Struggles

Aristotle JonesAristotle Jones Alum Member

Hi,

Majority, if not all, of my misses on LR come from the backend of the section: 17-25. Does anyone have any advice to get over this hump?

Comments

• 10 karma

What helped me the most was trying to up my pace on the early part of the LR section. Once I learned that the early half of LR was typically far easier, I gained a degree of confidence that translated to decisiveness which helped me avoid dwelling on Qs or waffling between ACs. The ability to put in a second round of review usually saves me from about 2 incorrect ACs per section. Watching the real-time videos JY posts for PTs >~75 is a perfect exhibition of this technique.

If you're still pressed for time at the backend, there's usually a PF Q that will certainly demand ~2 mins, so I'd avoid skipping that altogether and finishing the remainder before attacking that one. The key, imo, is to know when to cut losses while also sequestering any confusion or indecision from Q to Q; don't linger and don't carry any indecision into the next Qs, especially if you skip around. It doesn't hurt if you can average 35-45 seconds for the early layups either!

• Aristotle JonesAristotle Jones Alum Member
    166 karma

@cassidybonitch said:
    What helped me the most was trying to up my pace on the early part of the LR section. Once I learned that the early half of LR was typically far easier, I gained a degree of confidence that translated to decisiveness which helped me avoid dwelling on Qs or waffling between ACs. The ability to put in a second round of review usually saves me from about 2 incorrect ACs per section. Watching the real-time videos JY posts for PTs >~75 is a perfect exhibition of this technique.

If you're still pressed for time at the backend, there's usually a PF Q that will certainly demand ~2 mins, so I'd avoid skipping that altogether and finishing the remainder before attacking that one. The key, imo, is to know when to cut losses while also sequestering any confusion or indecision from Q to Q; don't linger and don't carry any indecision into the next Qs, especially if you skip around. It doesn't hurt if you can average 35-45 seconds for the early layups either!

Thank you for this! I really appreciate it. I have noticed the PF question on the backend, and though its usually easy logic, it's the AC's that take up the time

• sammychewssammychews Member
    edited August 2020 210 karma

I was doing some research on Reddit (lol) because I'm struggling with the same issue. Someone suggested you should answer 1-13 then work backwards from 25. It sounds unconventional, but I just tried it out on a practice section and it was my best LR thus far (maybe it was luck idk). I think it sorta helps because your brain is less fatigued when it gets to the hard questions!