Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dealing with Struggles - 7Sage Forum

Dealing with Struggles

I study I swearI study I swear Alum Member
in General 19 karma
I just wanted to open a discussion on how everyone is dealing with struggle when in comes to studying specific sections. I am a self study and I find myself getting very emotionally attached when not performing well when studying. It then makes me feel discouraged, but the opposite is true. If I do well I will spend extras hours studying to boost my confidence. How do y'all handle this struggle? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I think the most helpful perspective is to not get too high during your successes and not get too low during your struggles. No one PT or problem set is indicative of overall knowledge and performance; on the contrary, it takes a lot of data to form a complete picture of your abilities. There's always more to learn. Take the long view during your prep and all else. Have confidence in the process.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    Talking about struggles is depressing... Strategies to improve help a lot more
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    I think the most helpful perspective is to not get too high during your successes and not get too low during your struggles.
    This is really solid advice. Emotional management is one of the very most important (and challenging) aspects of the LSAT.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Read something in a psychology book that said "let your frustration drive your motivation." That's how I deal lol.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I am a really emotional person! To deal with the abundance of feelings about the LSAT, I literally just talk it out. Nothing is better than letting all of your frustrations out with someone who can just listen. Sometimes it really helps me workout my next plan of attack :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    To deal with the abundance of feelings about the LSAT, I literally just talk it out. Nothing is better than letting all of your frustrations out with someone who can just listen. Sometimes it really helps me workout my next plan of attack :)
    That's what the BR calls are for! Seriously @harrismegan , you should join us!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    That's what the BR calls are for! Seriously @harrismegan , you should join us!
    I should!!!
  • I study I swearI study I swear Alum Member
    19 karma
    Thanks so much!