Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October-November LSAT Registration Question

Hi guys, quick question about the November LSAT date:

I'm registered for the October test but am a first time test-taker and honestly am not fully confident I'll score my goal score on my first try. So, I was checking the November test registration deadline and its September 30th, which is before the October test and way before the October score release. So, the big q is should I register for November before I even take the October test just in case? I don't want to waste precious application money on this but it seems like a good backup in case the October test doesn't go my way. Would I be better off registering and then cancelling the November test if I do score high enough?

For context, I've taken a handful of pts and I average around 163 untimed and around 155 timed. Timing is my biggest issue and I just bought 7sage's monthly course thing so I'm hopeful I'll improve by a few points before October but I'm just confused and worried lol

Also, sidenote: last year I think LSAC moved the registration deadline for the November test so folks could register after getting their October score. Not sure whether that'll be a thing this year.

Any advice would help! Thank you!!

Comments

• 769 karma

I am also taking the October LSAT and thinking of also signing up for the November one. I think it will be worth it to have a back up just in case. But if you sign up for the November test but get a good score on the October one, I would still take the November one instead of cancelling because you could get an even better score and I’m pretty sure you only get $50 back if you withdraw

• VelawcityVelawcity Member
    40 karma

I'm in the same boat, planning on just paying the extra money and not using it if I have to. I would just hate to be in the situation where I get my October score back and really regret not taking in November, especially considering the next test date is January.