Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To October or not to October, that is the question

bedouinbedouin Free Trial Member
edited August 2013 in General 25 karma
Hello,

I have a bit of a dilemma.

Okay, I lied: a huge dilemma.

I was hoping to be ready for the October LSAT, but I am by no means prepared. I want to apply for the 2014 school year, so I have to have my application in by November. I would very much like to study in Toronto and not have to move away from home. I have a mediocre score on my file (155, I think) from last year. I'm only about a quarter of the way through the course. Would it be a disadvantage to apply and indicate that I'm writing my LSAT in December? I'm worried about being pushed to the bottom of the pile based on my score. My GPA is decent, I have an undergrad degree in forensic anthropology but I'm a bit terrified. I don't want to try and cram from here on in and waste money. And have another shitty score on my file. Or loose any possible chance I have of being accepted.

Any words of wisdom?

Comments

• JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    @bedouin, I though 155 maybe a pretty good start. If you start now, u can spend one month finish most of courses and do PT everyday, which I believe will be helpful. Even if you can't do good at exam like above 170, your reading and logical skill will be dramatically improved.
  • bedouinbedouin Free Trial Member
    25 karma
    @JS - thank you for the reply and my apologies for the *extremely* late reply.
    I took a huuuge break (too long, tbh) and I'm getting back into it. So far so good.
    I think looking at my mistakes with fresh eyes helped. I think I was in a bit of a rut.

Thank you again for replying. I hope your LSAT studying/writing/applying is going well!
    :)
  • marryam_kmarryam_k Alum Member
    edited September 2013 29 karma
    I'm in the same boat as you! I started prepping for the October LSAT this summer but shortly realized there were too many things going on in my life for me to properly concentrate on studying so I changed my date to December. You are the one that can best assess the situation and if you honestly think you won't be able to give it your all for the Oct LSAT date then I would recommend changing the date. As far as I have been informed you are not at a disadvantage taking the LSAT in December, its the Feb date that puts people at a disadvantage. I'm speaking from a Canadian perspective by the way, I'm not sure if American schools vary in this aspect.
  • bedouinbedouin Free Trial Member
    25 karma
    @marryam_k - I looked into that as well! And you're right - Dec is the absolute last shot for Canadian law schools (I'm hoping not to move out of the province, tbh). I didn't even bother to entertain the idea of an October test. Comfort to know that someone else has been going through the same dilemmas :)

Hope your studying has been going well!